Bad AI Creator's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the creators of Bad AI, the upcoming YouTube series by Sir Piranha.

2 posters

Main Characters. We need names, and we need to decide which ones to keep.

Sir Piranha
    Admin

Main Characters.  We need names, and we need to decide which ones to keep. Empty Main Characters. We need names, and we need to decide which ones to keep.

Post  Sir Piranha Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:09 pm

This is very important. This is the first thing we have to do.

Main Characters.  We need names, and we need to decide which ones to keep. Charac10

Now, first thing, out of these five characters, is there any we would like to replace? I'm asking because, originally, I was going to make a comic, but then decided to make a video series instead. I chose characters that were easy to draw and animate, because I would have drawn them again in each panel.

In videos, I obviously wont redraw them in every frame, so I'm willing to switch them with characters that have a more complex design. Is there any other Nintendo characters that could improve the chemistry of this group? Or, add variety from other game series? I want to stay at five characters though.

Then, we need to make sure we have a distinct personality for each one. If we stay with these characters, this is roughly what I thought they could be like:

Wizzrobe - The smartest one. Not totally smart, but at least stable. I'd like to give him another defining trait, though, but I'm not sure what. I need a way to make him important, because we need a well-rounded main character, but all the ideas I have for him so far is too boring.

Bully - Usually angry. I actually have two possible personalities for him. One is a character who's family was killed by Mario, and he got that scar trying to save his brother from the lava. There could be some humor in the character, but he's really angry and bitter. The best way to describe the other personality, is, well, almost like Cartman from South Park. I think we need a "Cartman" charatcter.

Gulpin - I thought we would introduce this character a few episodes later than the others, and he would be sort of like a pet to either the Bully, or the Lil' Sparky, whoever ends up as the Cartman character. He only says "Gulpin", but he's best friends with the character he's with, they're inseperable, like to play pranks and get into trouble together. He's like a sidekick.

Pikmin - Used to work with Olimar, but he started becoming really slack after he discovered Pikmin leaves can be smoked, so Olimar left him behind one day on an exploration. Determined to prove his worth, the Pimkin trained in the wild, stopped getting high off his own leaves, and waited for Olimar to return. When he finally did, the Pikmin joined the team again. One night, the Red Pikmin had a cocaine party. Yellow and Blue Pikmin did not do drugs, besides the character, but that night he found out Red Pikmin did it all the time (they snort cocaine because they're the only ones with noses). The Blue Pikmin took some cocaine with him on an exploration, and while he was high, freaked out and broke a treasure, a giant lantern. The Lil' Sparky came out of the lantern, a throwback to Paper Mario. The Pikmin was shunned by the Red Pikmin for getting them busted, and by Olimar for being a burden. The Lil' Sparky became fast friends with him, since he was captured for a long time.

Ok, now this is a rough idea of how I think his story should go, because I've been thinking about the character a lot, and I think he could be a vessel for introducing the other characters, starting with the Lil' Sparky. They shouldn't all be together on the first episode. This could be a rough draft of the first episode. Again, not final. Oh, and he's staying a Blue Pikmin, because they look the best with a joint. This is the one character I'm absolutely sure of keeping.

Lil'Sparky - Part of his story is explained in the Blue Pikmin's. I think that's how it's going to end up going. The only personality I have for him is the Cartman character, but a different one could be made.

And, of course, they all need names. Please, discuss anything in this thread.
    BlankSandwich

Main Characters.  We need names, and we need to decide which ones to keep. Empty Cool ideas

Post  BlankSandwich Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:56 pm

I like the idea of the Bully (second from the left) being angry or irrational...I think he should always be relying on Gulpin for support, and the fact is that Gulpin is just an idiot who says Gulpin all the time. Yeah, the pikmin story is great.

Just a question...we can have other video game characters in the stories right? Because I had this great idea for Mario where he's pretty much insane. Whenever he's sitting down he'll just random yell out, "Yahoooooo!!" or something. Apparently his fame has caused him to go crazy. His mustache could be all twisted up and messed.

He doesn't have to be a recurring character, he can be in one episode. Actually, he doesn't have to be in it at all, you're the creator. I just thought that familiar characters from games would everyone knows would be funny, just putting a different spin on them.

Alright, I'm looking forward to getting started on this.
    Sir Piranha
    Admin

Main Characters.  We need names, and we need to decide which ones to keep. Empty Re: Main Characters. We need names, and we need to decide which ones to keep.

Post  Sir Piranha Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:40 am

BlankSandwich wrote:I like the idea of the Bully (second from the left) being angry or irrational...I think he should always be relying on Gulpin for support, and the fact is that Gulpin is just an idiot who says Gulpin all the time. Yeah, the pikmin story is great.

Just a question...we can have other video game characters in the stories right? Because I had this great idea for Mario where he's pretty much insane. Whenever he's sitting down he'll just random yell out, "Yahoooooo!!" or something. Apparently his fame has caused him to go crazy. His mustache could be all twisted up and messed.

He doesn't have to be a recurring character, he can be in one episode. Actually, he doesn't have to be in it at all, you're the creator. I just thought that familiar characters from games would everyone knows would be funny, just putting a different spin on them.

Alright, I'm looking forward to getting started on this.
    Yes, the idea is, these are the characters, based off of Nintndo enemies, but we'll have better known characters popping in all of the time, to make the episodes interesting. Mario should definitely be one of them.

Sponsored content

Main Characters.  We need names, and we need to decide which ones to keep. Empty Re: Main Characters. We need names, and we need to decide which ones to keep.

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:28 am